|COUNTRY FACTS: ZAMBIA|
|Name(official):||Republic of Zambia|
|Location:||Southern Africa, east of Angola.|
|Coordinate:||15 00 S, 30 00 E|
|Independence:||(From Britain) October 24th; 1964.|
|Type of Government:||Republic|
|Total Area:||752 614sq.km.|
|Population:||11 502 010 (July 2006)|
|People:||African 98.7%, European 1.1%, other 0.2|
|Religion:||Christian 50-75%, muslim and Hindu 24-49%, indigenous beliefs 1%|
|Languages:||English (official), major vernaculars - Bemba, Kaonda, Lozi, Lunda, Luvale, Nyanja, Tonga, and about 70 other indigenous languages.|
|Literacy:||80.6%total, 86.8%male, 74.8%female (2003)|
|Currency:||Zambian kwacha (ZMK)|
|GDP(per capita):||$900 (2005)|
|Arable Land:||6.99% (2005)|
|Agriculture:||corn, sorghum, rice, peanuts, sunflower seed, vegetables, flowers, tobacco, cotton, sugarcane, cassava (tapioca), coffee; cattle, goats, pigs, poultry, milk, eggs, hides.|
|Natural resources:||Copper, cobalt, zinc, lead, coal, emeralds, gold, silver, uranium, hydropower|
|Embassy in Japan:||Embassy of the Republic of Zambia,|
Chancery: 1-10-2, Ebara, Shinagawa-ku.
Post Code: 142-0063, Tel. 03-3491-0121/2
|General Info:||Zambia National Information Gateway|
|International Phone Code:||+260|
ECONOMY: BUSINESS, TRADE AND INVESTMENT
- Bank of Zambia
- Export Board of Zambia
- Zambia's Business Web Directory
- Zambia Mining
- Tourism: Some of the best tourist destinations are ....
- Victoria Falls -The greatest known curtain of falling water, 546 million cubic meters of water per minute.
- Lake Tangayika -The longest fresh water lake on earth. At a dept of 1 433 meters(4 700feet), it is also the 2nd deepest after Russia's lake Baikal.
- Lake Bangweulu -Referred to locally as "the place where the water meets the sky"
- Zambezi River
- Lake Kariba
- South Luangwa National Park -One of the world's top ten reserves.
- North Luangwa -Caution is reqiured here, very wild park and access with a guide is recommended
- Kafue -One of Africa's biggest reserves
- Lower Zambezi -best viewed by canoe
- Chimfunshi Chimpanzee sanctuary and orphanage
- Kapisha -Natural hotspring
- The Mumbwa Caves
- Zambia National Tourist Board.
- Visit Zambia (News and Tourism Info)
Chipata, Kabwe, Lusaka, Mongu, Ndola, Kitwe, Kasama, Mpulungu, Solwezi, Mufulira, Livingstone.